- In a blender, blend blueberries and broth until smooth.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook turkey and salt, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in carrot, celery, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in blueberry mixture, maple syrup and mustard; stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thick, veggies are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Sandwich sloppy joe mixture in slider buns with 2 cheese slices.
- Optional: serve with veggie sticks on the side
About This Recipe
Sloppy Joe Blueberry Sliders add a boost of blue to this yummy, kid-friendly classic. The flavorful filling is so simple to make, with quick prep and just one pan for sautéing and simmering. Make it ahead for an easy lunch or dinner – so handy, especially for back-to-school season! Serve in slider buns for kid-friendly portions (or a snack) and pair with veggie sticks for an extra touch of nutritious crunch.